Dealing with IRD can be expensive, time consuming and frustrating. Our networks, relationships and experience are generally able to deliver an appropriate outcome in a timely manner.
Some of the areas where we have successfully assisted and advocated for our clients are:
- Managing formal tax disputes: all the way from IRD risk review through to adjudication
- Voluntary disclosures: whether in response to IRD risk review or audit, or unsolicited to reduce or eliminate penalties and possible prosecution risk
- Overturning IRD’s attempts to take positions contrary to published policy
- Negotiating reductions in penalties: for abusive tax position, unacceptable tax position (and previously unacceptable interpretation), late payment and use of money interest, and mitigation of penalties generally
- Tax submissions: to regulatory bodies and government e.g. Cabinet Finance and Expenditure Select committee