In requiring taxpayers to sign ‘agreed adjustment” forms, IRD staff continue to breach standards, including those published by Inland Revenue itself.
From our repeated experience, crucial IRD staff breaches are:
- issuing agreed adjustment forms when there is no agreement
- failing to disclose use of money interest, potential penalties, and even other tax types
- demanding the taxpayer to sign within a very short time
- using other coercive tactics to get taxpayers to sign away their rights
- We strongly recommend that before signing such a document you read the contents of this article and if in any doubt seek urgent expert advice.